Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mr. Mailman...What Secrets Must You Carry?

I see the mailman who comes to my work 5 days a week & I rarely ever see the mailman who comes to my house.
But when my work mailman went on vacation, I thought I recognized his replacement...
'Hey! I think I know you.'
He asked me what my address was and I told him.
He knows his route well.
He described my house and I laughed, 'Yup. That's mine!'
He pointed out that he noticed the addition of one more dog & that he knew the house where he had come from.
We chatted about the situation of that house a moment or two. It was as if they had been friends for years.
Then he went on to say 'You know what you do? You always take packages and personal letters in, but you leave the bills and junk mail in the box for days!'
'Yup. Hahaha, I sure do...'
A smirk and a shake of the head...'You'd be surprised at the things a mailman knows.'

4 comments:

jerzygrl29 said...

never surprised. we should never underestimate our mailmen, hair dressers, and our mechanics. hahahaha....

Mel said...

*laughing*

I'm stealing this solution!!!!!

(just sayin'.....LOL)

Me said...

That is so YOU! Its all a matter of necessity, regardless of if it is a mailbox of a group of people you LoVe.

Shimmerrings said...

I was a mailman for 15 years, and I can say, for sure, you'd be surprised at the things we know! And another thing... most of us old mail folks look upon the folks on our route just like family, and feel sadness when they pass away. I can't tell you the simple joys from little things like a cold coca cola in the mail box on a hot day, or hot coffee waiting for me, on a snowy day... or watermelon! on another hot day! The stories that get shared, and even poetry exchanged :D