Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Old Reminders in a Small Town


Oh, such a good, good man.
I just hate the fact that the mere sight of me made his skin turn red with anger & his hands tremor with adrenaline.
Not that I ever did him any wrong.
I never did.
I'm just a reminder to him...
And he, the good man that he is, calms himself...steps away...comes back and reminds me that we live and learn.
I smile because I should.
I know some folks just live...
'Yes, and I guess we're the wiser for it. We have been living, learning and we pay as we go.'

I am sick that I was such a bitter reminder for him, but he has no idea that he was a reminder for me too....that even when I thought I was alone, getting shafted, I really wasn't alone at all.

4 comments:

singleton said...

Getting shafted is sadly, not often a solitaire experience. There's often one before us, one after us, and a string of many inbetween.

Liars, cheats and thieves...successful once, try and try again,
more creative, more inspired, and more brazen with each new adventure.

Sadly, while their pockets and egos grow, their spirits don't....Pity they don't know that.

ILYSVVM

skinnylittleblonde said...

Sisterlove, you are so right I know. I just hate the fact that those he screwed the biggest were those with the biggest hearts (hahaha, sadly, this probably explains why they got screwed actually)
I know the saying 'Birds of a feather, flock together' and usually this does seem to ring true, but Bob and I were really Butterflies & Bumblee Bees believing in all the nectar, and we didn't realize we were sharing friendly skies with a venomous wasp who would turn us into prey.
We Live, We Learn...

Mel said...

I'm going to hope the liar cheat and thief has their own awakening and comes to some hard realizations.

People can change--
But some choose to only grow older and never truly grow up.

(((((((((( SLB ))))))))))

Anonymous said...

who are you talking about? Bob Smith?