Tuesday, February 03, 2009

One Moon & A Million Moods

Thoughtful & sincere ... a sweet soul, dear to me, sent this to my way.


If you found yourself captivated by the world she stirs...there is also this fanciful & imaginative little poem by Zora Bernice May Cross, which you might enjoy.


The New Moon


What have you got in your knapsack fair,
White moon, bright moon, pearling the air

Spinning your bobbins and fabrics free,
Fleet moon, sweet moon, in to the sea?

Turquoise and beryl and rings of gold
Clear moon, dear moon, ne’er to be sold?

Roses and lilies, romance and love,
Still moon, chill moon, swinging above?

Slender your feet as a white birds throat,
High moon, shy moon, drifting your boat

Into the murk of the world awhile,
Slim moon, dim moon, adding a smile.

Tender your eyes as a maiden’s kiss,
Fine moon, wine moon, no one knows this,

Under the spell of your witchery,
Dream moon, cream moon, first he kissed me.

Zora Bernice May Cross

Austrailia (1890-1964)

Artwork By Singleton of JustGiveMePeace

12 comments:

Me said...

A very sweet poem :)

Maithri said...

So very beautiful,

Sending you moonlight my friend in all its gentle glory,

Maithri

skinnylittleblonde said...

Orhan...:) Yes, very whimsical!

Maithri...yours words, my dear, are gentle glory. I followed your link & got lost listening to the wisdom of this world in which we live...love,traditions,family,faith...

Shimmerrings said...

I like... nice visuals...

Mel said...

Gee.

And I got lost once I arrived here.


:-)

skinnylittleblonde said...

Shimmerings...Lol, yeah, her words painted a variety of skies in my head too. Fun...like a childhood poem for the adult spirit ;)

Mel... Lol, I'll go back and snatch the link up that I followed from Maithri...you will get lost there too!

skinnylittleblonde said...

Here she is... click on any person...

http://www.6billionothers.org/main.php?Lng=en&File=homePage

The CEO said...

I love what happens to me when I come here. Really I do.

Dee said...

I like Zora. Her poetry seems to be quite at home here.

skinnylittleblonde said...

:)
Check out this 'memory'...

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/memory-7/

CEO...Love The LoVe!!!

Dee...She is great, very fanciful & whimsical...LoVe her words! ILY2!!!

Mel said...

k.....been here a while, cuz I'm there with the 6 billion others...

You were right about getting lost in it.
What an awesome wander into the lives of others.....

skinnylittleblonde said...

Mel...it is pretty interesting, isn't it! I tell you, I absolutely love to learn about other people...
it really helps me to learn much about myself & the more I know about me, the truer I become. Butterfly effects flittering... Much Love Girl!